Baby Sleep & Heat |
We already know that in order to sleep well, we need a cool & dark sleeping room.
But what if we can’t get the optimal temperature (max. 20°C) during the hot summer days?
Hot tips for baby sleep
- Stick some tin foil on the windows (wipe them with a wet cloth before) during the day too, to reject the solar heat and keep the room dark
- Use a fan in the sleeping room, at least during the first part of the night (and switch it off when you go to bed)
- Undress your baby so that it sleeps with just a diaper and a very light sleep sack
- Bathe your baby every evening as part of the bedtime ritual (it helps to drop its body temperature and fall asleep easier)
- Give your baby more water during the day & night.
Remember also not to neglect the sun and expose your baby to natural light approximate half an hour every morning! This will support him absorb vitamin D, which then helps the body issue serotonin – the happy hormone which then transforms itself into melatonin – the sleep hormone in the evening, in a dark & cool sleeping room.
If you want to find out more about how you can improve your baby’s sleep, book a free Discovery Call so we can chat.